Robert Rico as Che Guevara
|Birth name||Ernesto Guevara de la Serna|
Adolfo Mena Gonzalez
|Born||June 14, 1928|
Rosario, Santa Fe province, Argentina
|Died||October 9, 1967 (aged 39)|
La Higuera, Vallegrande, Bolivia
|Rap battle information|
|Appeared in||Guy Fawkes vs Che Guevara|
|Release date||May 4, 2019|
|Official vote(s)||52% (EpicLLOYD's Twitter poll)|
49.9% (ERB’s Facebook poll)
|Location(s)||A red-striped propaganda poster|
The Palace of Westminster undercroft
Information on the rapper
Ernesto Guevara de la Serna was born on June 14th, 1928, in Rosario, Santa Fe province, Argentina. He was a Marxist revolutionary, physician, author, guerrilla leader, diplomat, and military theorist. A major figure of the Cuban Revolution, his stylized visage has become a ubiquitous counter-cultural symbol of rebellion and global insignia in popular culture.
Following the Cuban Revolution, Guevara performed a number of key roles in the new government. These included reviewing the appeals and firing squads for those convicted as war criminals during the revolutionary tribunals, instituting agrarian land reform as minister of industries, helping spearhead a successful nationwide literacy campaign, serving as both national bank president and instructional director for Cuba's armed forces, and traversing the globe as a diplomat on behalf of Cuban socialism. Such positions also allowed him to play a central role in training the militia forces who repelled the Bay of Pigs Invasion, and bringing Soviet nuclear-armed ballistic missiles to Cuba, which precipitated the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.
Guevara left Cuba in 1965 to foment revolution abroad, first unsuccessfully in Congo-Kinshasa and later in Bolivia, where he was captured by CIA-assisted Bolivian forces and summarily executed. He remains both a revered and reviled historical figure, polarized in the collective imagination in a multitude of biographies, memoirs, essays, documentaries, songs, and films.
[Note: Che Guevara is in green, while Guy Fawkes is in regular text.]
Guevara the terror, fresh Kangol wearer,
Ill rhyme-slayer from the '60s era!
Revolting heavy metal rebel blood-spiller,
Me and my guerrillas are a squad of killers! (Hoo!)
I'm known worldwide for my steely-eyed look.
You're famous 'cause of Alan Moore's third best book!
All the children say, "We will be like Che!"
Asthmatic, but I'll take your breath away. (Gasp!)
You tried to rebel against James the first.
Here's a tip for your next plot: try to rehearse!
I've got my face on a magnet on your roommate's fridge.
Your head is on a spike up on London Bridge!
You had one job, cabrón: to strike a matchstick!
Got caught with a fuse like your bars: not lit!
You should have stayed anonymous, Epic Fail Guy.
Treat this battle like the gallows, and take another dive.
Sucks? Guy, you died for the Catholics:
A group with a bad "touching little boys" habit!
And this porn star pilgrim look, what's up with that?
It's more like V for very bad hat!
Oh! What's the Fawkes say now?
(Ya-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya!) When they cut your junk out!
I'm the hardest Marxist ever graced a banknote!
You're an error-prone terrorist! Penny for the scapegoat!
I'm known worldwide for my renegade look.
All the people say, "We will be like Che!"
You had one job, Guido: to light a matchstick!
Should have stayed anonymous, Epic Fail Guy.
A group with a bad "touching little boy" habit!
It must be V for very bad hat!
Whoa! What's the Fawkes say now?
- Guevara's appearance was first hinted by Nice Peter on The Adam Carolla Show. He was later confirmed at the end of "EpicLLOYD's - Top 5 Favorite Epic Rap Battles of History." with Peter wearing his signature hat.
- According to a Patreon Livestream, ERB was originally in talks with representatives for Pitbull about playing the character, but when he was unavailable they brought in Robert Rico.
- He is the first Latin American rapper.
- He is the eleventh rapper to be in black-and-white.
- He is the twelfth rapper to visually be seen holding either a cigarette, a cigar, or a pipe.
- His name is misspelled in the hashtags found above the video title and in the description as "#cheguevera".
- On April 8th, 2019, the ERB Channel updated its banner to feature a picture of Guevara, along with fellow rappers Theodore Roosevelt, Mother Teresa and Gandhi, as well as two historical figures who have yet to appear in an ERB: Charlie Chaplin and Hermann Rorschach.