Freddy Krueger vs Wolverine is the seventy-second installment of Epic Rap Battles of History and the official premiere of Season 6. It features famous horror villain from the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, Freddy Krueger, rapping against Marvel superhero and X-Men member, Wolverine. It was released on April 20th, 2019.
Wax as Freddy Krueger
EpicLLOYD as Wolverine
Atul Singh as Jason Voorhees
Nice Peter as Edward Scissorhands
EpicLLOYD as himself as Gandalf, representing the heroin joke
1, 2, Freddy's coming for you,
3, 4, better lock your- lock your- lock your- lock your-
Welcome to prime time, bitch! Better stay awake like a meth head.
Spread red on your bedspread 'til you're lying there in your deathbed.
You got a healing factor? I got a kill bitches on the ceiling factor!
Under that mask, you're a singer/actor. Under my skin, I'm a slasher/slasher!
Bitch! I come from Wes Craven's twisted mind.
You come from comic books that kids get when they're well behaved at Christmas time.
Flock of Seagulls called: they want their hairstyle returned,
(Haha!) And that wasn't even my main diss, it was just a side burn.
Nice glove, bub, but I'm real from bones to teeth.
And that claw is like a strap on: there's a pussy underneath.
Don't sleep? That's all you got for me? Could defeat your ass with a cup of tea!
I been to hell and back and whooped Satan's ass, you got beat by a Nancy on Elm Street!
(Ha!) You wanna talk about burns, mac?
The PTA turned your face into Deadpool's ballsack,
Wrapped in a Where's Waldo? sweater,
Jason can't talk and he rocks the mic better!
So step into my catnap, see if you can hack that, better hang on to your whack hat,
'Cause your worst nightmare ain't Hugh Jack shit compared to the least of my Weapon X flashbacks!
I'm the adamantium champion X-man!
You'll only ever be half of Edward Scissorhands!
So don't get me more pissed, chump.
I'll take your whole franchise out with a fist bump!
Look at the size of your body! How could I possibly think I'm in trouble?
I can't tell the difference between your action figure and your stunt double!
What's the matter? You look tired, eh?
I'll be in your bed tonight, unlike Jean Grey!
As for me, I'm a chick magnet,
So heavy metal bitches are real attracted.
What the fuck is a wolverine? Some kind of an angry beaver?
I was more intimidated by a tiny Canadian the first time I saw Justin Bieber!
(Aaargh!) That verse stung, bub, but I've already recovered.
I'll call you tomorrow morning if I need my toast buttered.
I ain't got time for this. I'm saving the world. What qualities do you bring?
You're a pedophile from the Midwest. At least R. Kelly could sing!
So you've got the wrong room if you're looking for fear.
Only thing scares me is a fridge with no beer!
That face tells me you've met your match,
But come back if you've got another itch to scratch!
I'll be at the doctor when I'm through wrecking your spot
But only for a booster for my tetanus shot
The glove, the hat, the kid-touching: can't help but compare it
You're half MJ, half Subway Guy Jared
You got the type of face to make a fella drop out of Med School
With that nut sac head looks worse than Deadpool
Winning this battle? I'm really not concerned
'Cause I'm looking at your face and you're already pretty burned
You better stay behind walls 'cause your face looks fucking awful
I couldn't find a picture of you so I googled blue waffle
The sweat stains from that nasty hat are the real horror
You keep showing up in people’s dreams like Fedora the explora
When the glove comes off you're more like Freddy Mercury
Your claws are like a strap-on 'cause there's a pussy underneath
When the glove comes off you're all gums and no teeth
There's not one part of writing you won't dip your twinkle toes in
I really enjoyed you in The Greatest Showman, Logan
I was more intimidated by a tiny Canadian when I first saw Justin Bieber!
- It would have been the first season premiere to not to feature Nice Peter rapping, as well as the first one to feature a 1v1 battle with a guest as a title rapper, and the first one to feature a fictional character going against another fictional character.
- This is the ninth battle overall where both characters are fictional.
- The is the first and only battle to use a hyphen in the title instead of a period.
- This is the first battle:
- Where the subtitles don't abruptly appear at one point, as during the line "three four better lock your, lock your, lock your..." the subtitles fade in and out on every "lock your".
- To make a reference to the heroin joke.
- To have a section set in a person's dream or imagination, as the whole battle up until Wolverine's second verse is set in Wolverine's nightmare.
- At 21 seconds, this battle has the longest opening in the entire series, barely beating Nice Peter vs EpicLLOYD 2, not including cinematic openings seen in Hitler vs Vader 2 and Hitler vs Vader 3.
- In the BTS video, many beats from previous videos can be heard.
- Edward Scissorhands was originally intended to appear as a third party rapper, but the idea was scrapped due to lack of material.
- This is the only battle of 2019 in which Nice Peter does not rap.
- This is the seventh battle to feature a scene or a location without the usage of green/blue screen backdrop, as the Weapon X Facility and Wolverine's bedroom were both filmed in EpicLLOYD's house.
- The behind the scenes video has a length of over 15 minutes, making it by far the longest of any other ERB.
- The beat for this battle can be heard in the "Epic Rap Battles of History News 2018" video.
- This is the longest span of time between a finale and a premiere, totaling over two years, 840 days to be exact.
- Krueger's title card has him scraping against the edge of the video screen, accompanied by a screeching noise and orange sparks flying out, an action that Freddy often performs before he attacks.
- At the beginning of Krueger's first verse, he appears on an retro television screen replicating scenes from the A Nightmare on Elm Street films. This references two instances when Krueger appeared to his victims on a television in Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors and Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare.
- It may also be a reference to Wes Craven's New Nightmare where A Nightmare On Elm Street would suddenly play on Heather Langenkamp's television.
- During Krueger's line "Under that mask, you're a singer/actor. Under my skin, I'm a slasher/slasher!", Krueger slashes off two of his fingers on his left hand, an action he did in the first A Nightmare on Elm Street.
- During Wolverine's line "I been to hell and back and whooped Satan's ass, you got beat by a Nancy on Elm Street", the attacking effects from the games he appears in can be seen.
- During Wolverine's line "So don't get me more pissed, chump", the word "snikt" appears along with a slicing sound. This is a reference to comic books in which the sound effects of various actions always appear as words to let the reader know what happened.
- This is the second occurrence of this visual effect, as it had previously appeared in Jim Henson vs Stan Lee, where Stan Lee would also imitate comic book sound effects.
- After Freddy's second verse, Wolverine wakes up in his bed screaming. This is a reference to A Nightmare on Elm Street where people who survive a dream about Freddy Krueger often wake up screaming in agony.
- During the line "I'll call you tomorrow morning if I need my toast buttered", Wolverine lies on his bed and is seen stroking a picture frame. This is a reference to the scene in the X-Men animated series in the 90s, in which Wolverine gazed at a picture frame of the superheroes Cyclops and Jean Grey. This scene from the cartoon also became a famous meme.
- In-battle, the picture frame depicts EpicLLOYD partially in makeup as Gandalf, referencing the origins of the heroin joke.
- During the line "What qualities do you bring?", a miniature version of Freddy Krueger can be seen walking on the bed behind Wolverine. This is a reference to A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors, where Krueger possesses a marionette in order to begin the process of killing one of his victims.
- After Wolverine's line "Only thing scares me is a fridge with no beer", Freddy Krueger is briefly seen in the mirror. This is a reference to A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge where the protagonist, Jesse, sees Krueger talking to him in the mirror instead of his reflection.
- After Wolverine's last verse, Freddy Krueger can be seen emerging behind his wall. This is a reference to the first A Nightmare on Elm Street, where Krueger did the same but on Nancy Thompson's wall when she was sleeping.
- In the cover art for the battle, part of Wolverine's mask is chopped off behind the ERB logo.
- During the line, "One, two, Freddy's coming for you.", the skipping rope isn't in the Freddy in the background's hand properly.
- At 0:55, there is a slight graphical glitch on Wolverine's left breast.
- When Krueger says "Some kind of an angry beaver?", Wolverine's shadow is pointing towards Krueger when it should be pointing towards the camera due to the lamp on the wall.
Freddy Krueger vs Wolverine. ERB Behind the Scenes