Jeff Bezos vs Mansa Musa is the eighty-fourth installment of Epic Rap Battles of History. It is unconfirmed whether this battle is the first or second episode of Season 7. It features the famously wealthy ruler of the Mali Empire, Mansa Musa, rapping against the founder of Amazon and one of the richest men in the world, Jeff Bezos. It released on November 27th, 2021.
EpicLLOYD as Jeff Bezos
Scru Face Jean as Mansa Musa
Nice Peter and Josie Ahlquist as themselves
Atul Singh and Nice Peter as two Amazon workers
An Amazon Alexa
EpicLLOYD as himself and Captain Kirk (reused footage)
EpicLLOYD as Theodore Roosevelt
Nice Peter as Charles Babbage
[Note: Mansa Musa is in red, Jeff Bezos is in gray and Amazon Alexa is in blue.]
Wallah, by the holy Quran I lay my hand upon,
I blaze Bezos, inflict inflammatory damage on
Amazon, burn it down like when they put the cattle on
The hottest on the map since the Atlas of Catalan!
The King of Mali, with gold bars you can't escape from!
Lyrically, I pack heat! You pack a tape gun!
I'm landing blows you can't dodge; this ain't sales tax!
I left footprints in the Sahara; I know hot tracks!
I bust dorks like dot-com bubbles when I hit 'em!
Nah, you can't spit! You got that Al Gore rhythm! (Ha ha!)
Here's a nugget of advice to get your union problems handled:
Want workers that don’t piss? Hire some camels!
I expanded horizons with libraries and mosques
While you chopped off the top of all the mom and pop shops!
All you widened was the gap between the haves and have-nots!
Now they're ordering or living in your cardboard box!
At Amazon, our product research is phenomenal,
But I've never heard your story—and I own Audible! (Hahahahahahahahahaha!)
So go dig some more gold there, Kanye West Africa! (Hahahahahahahaha!)
I'm hotter than the soundtrack to Battlestar Galactica!
Never trade blows with Jazzy Jeff Bezos!
Egghead with a huge set of huevos! (Hahahahahahahaha!)
I serve more people on the web than Spider-Man!
You rap like a soccer mom; that's why you roll with Caravans!
You're overrated, like you leave economies inflated!
You're about to taste some of that salt that you traded!
What's the long-term play in giving your wealth away, eh?
'Cause now I feed your whole country for the price of a cup of coffee per day! (Ha ha!)
So bow to me like you did to the king of Cairo!
You're about as hack as Saudis tapping my iPhone!
You'll be more ashamed than when you accidentally killed your mom
When I make you shit your pants worse than Diapers.com!
Ayo, Lex Loser, you look like a villain at Comic-Con!
You gettin' ate up; you should've battled me on Ramadan!
A harem of women is what I had on my staff!
You married one woman, Jeff, and she cut you in half! (Shink!)
(Haha!) David Pecker picked a pack of your peter pics!
Now your new girl got them "Feed me, Seymour" lips!
And it turns out, her own brother was the snitch!
He... woo! Fix your face! No wonder you bought Twitch! (Woooo!)
Now let me really break it down because there's more to him!
He ain't a Bezos! His real name is Jorgensen! (Ha!)
But Daddy loved unicycles more than him,
So he rolled out! Now that's a Blue Origin!
Take one small step towards a different prophet
'Cause these days, you're just as cocky as your rocket!
I'm the cream of the crop! I'm on top! I'm ice cold!
This Muslim just served you: Allah mode!
Musa, I'm lyrically lethal! I'm relentless, African verse immune!
If I wanted to waste my life on desert spice, I'd watch Dune!
What did we give to MacKenzie? 40 billion, so what? (Haha!)
Earning every penny back only took me a month!
I went from Hobbit dork to slick orc physique!
Now I'm Lord of the Rings… Take a peek! (Haha!)
3 years to trek to Mecca, man, you must be tripping!
One click, I'll get you there overnight, with free shipping! (Hahahahahahahaha!)
I'm hard-corporate, top tier in the Forbes list!
You couldn't even hit top tier in Civ VI!
I'm schooling you like Timbuktu, eating you like Whole Foods!
Your ship has sailed just like the dude who came before you!
'Cause you ain't Fire, can't hold a Kindle to me!
I got the Flywheel flows! I revolutionized delivery!
Your talent's oddly puny like my tax bills!
Alexa, what do we have that he lacks? Skills. (Hahahaha!)
I went from pip-squeak geek to gym-freak physique!
And now I'm here to flex my winning streak on 'Mr. T antique'!
- This is the second battle to feature more than one line of subtitles at a time, after Nice Peter vs EpicLLOYD 2.
- This is the first battle, however, to have the lyrics in question be said by only one person.
- The line in question is "Musa, I'm lyrically lethal! I'm relentless, African verse immune!" It appears all at once because if you abbreviate the line it becomes "MILLIRAVI," a term coined by Bezos.
- This battle's cover art changed shortly after release. The original cover art design had the series logo in front of the rappers, but it was changed with the logo behind them. Another version of the cover art, featuring a more colorful background and the traditional "VS" text was posted on an Instagram story by EpicLLOYD.
- A preview of John Wick can be seen during the NordVPN sponsership section, while the behind-the-scenes video shows a silhouette of John Rambo, hinting the next ERB battle.
- Going by video length (4:38), and not battle length (2:59), this is the longest 1v1 battle, beating Harry Potter vs Luke Skywalker by three seconds.
- This battle was sponsored by NordVPN.
- This battle was announced via a Community post on the ERB YouTube channel on September 14th, 2021.
- This battle was written in conjunction with members of the ERB Patreon. Patrons in the "Writer" and "Director" tiers on Discord were able to submit lines for the rappers, which were then incorporated into the battle.
- In a TikTok posted by ERB on November 17th, 2021, an image of EpicLLOYD as Jeff Bezos in front of a green screen can be seen on the monitor in the background.
- Captain Kirk makes a cameo as a nod to William Shatner flying in Bezos' Blue Origin Capsule on October 13th, 2021.
- Visual glitches caused by the greenscreen and shadows can be seen at the bottom-left of the screen at 1:08.
- At 1:23, "you're" is spelt "your're."
- During the line "You're about as hack as Saudis tapping my iPhone," "Saudis" has an apostrophe.
Jeff Bezos vs Mansa Musa. Behind The Scenes. Epic Rap Battles Of History