Kurt Schmidt as Jesus Christ
|Birth name||Jesus of Nazareth|
The Savior Rabbi
The Son of God
The Son of Man
The King of Kings
Bethlehem, Judea, Roman Empire (Gospel accounts)
(present-day West Bank territory, Palestine)
|Died||30-33 CE (aged 28-32)|
Golgotha, Judea, Roman Empire (Gospel of Mark account)
|Hair||Brown (traditional artistic description)|
|Eyes||Blue (traditional artistic description)|
|Appeared in||Genghis Khan vs Easter Bunny|
|During||The Easter Bunny's second verse|
|Location(s)||A flower field|
Information on the cameo
Jesus Christ (7-2 BCE – 30-33 CE), also known as Jesus of Nazareth, was born in Bethlehem, Judea under Roman rule. Born in a stable to Joseph and fiancée Mary while Mary was yet a young woman of about 14, his birth is said to have been heralded by messengers of God, including the itinerant prophet John the Baptist, and witnessed by those far removed from the Jewish fold. Jesus' story then pauses, picking up again as he receives the Word of God at age 12 during temple worship. As a young adult, he was exiled to distant lands where he was tempted by evil, but refused temptation. He was later approached by John the Baptist at the edge of the River Jordan, cleansed by immersion, and blessed by God who bestowed His Holy Spirit, anointing him as Messiah in Hebrew, or Christ according to Greek script.
He preached for three years with a company of 12 disciples until the Jewish religious leaders, who were jealous of him gaining all the popularity and firmly opposed to his interpretations of previous Jewish scripture and custom, had the Roman governor Pontius Pilate put him to death by crucifixion. After three days, he was said to have been resurrected, and after 50 days, it is said that he ascended into heaven.
Jesus' life and teachings are the central focus of the movement that became known as Christianity within three centuries of his death. Followers believe that he is the One and Only Son of God, seated at his right hand.
Appearance in the rap battle
- Before Moses vs Santa Claus, Nice Peter said that he wanted Snoop Dogg to play Jesus if he would ever appear in an ERB. This was later changed to Moses.
- Jesus appears in the background of the Artists vs TMNT cover art.
- Jesus was incorrectly credited in the video's description as being portrayed by Aaron Zaragoza and not Kurt Schmidt.
- Although Jesus battled Charles Darwin in an improv rap battle during the 2015 ERB Tour, Peter stated he doesn't want to use him in a canon ERB due to a promise he made. This is likely due to the fact Jesus Christ is a controversial figure.
- He was mentioned by Mother Teresa in Mother Teresa vs Sigmund Freud.