|Pompey the Great|
Mike Betette as Pompey the Great
|Birth name||Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus|
Pompey the Great
|Born||September 29, 106 BC|
Picenum, Roman Republic
|Died||September 29, 48 BC (aged 58)|
Pelusium, Ptolemaic Egypt
|Appeared in||Alexander the Great vs Ivan the Terrible|
|During||Between Ivan the Terrible's third verse and Catherine the Great's first verse|
The "Who won? Who's next? You decide!" sequence
Information on the cameo
Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus, more commonly known as Pompey or Pompey the Great, was born on September 29th, 106 BC, in Picenum, Roman Republic. Initially coming from a wealthy provincial background, he was a military and political leader of the late Roman Republic. His immense success as a general while still very young enabled him to advance directly to his first consulship without meeting the normal requirements for office. He was consul three times and celebrated three triumphs. He died at the age of 58 on September 29th, 48 BC, in Pelusium, Ptolemaic Egypt.
Appearance in the rap battle
Pompey makes an appearance after Ivan the Terrible says the line, "It's another great day and another great victory 'cause no great can beat me!" He responds with, "What about me, Pompey? Yeah!" Shortly after his title card is shown, he is decapitated by Catherine the Great, who comes in to battle Ivan.
- A preview of Pompey was shown during one of Dante Cimadamore's VEDA vlogs.
- He is the first cameo to have a title card.
- He is the second cameo to attempt to enter the rap battle before being interrupted, after Criss Angel.
- He is the sixth speaking cameo to fill in a rhyme for a rapper.
- He is the tenth cameo to be killed in-battle.
- He was indirectly referenced by Julius Caesar in Shaka Zulu vs Julius Caesar, as he was a member of the First Triumvirate with Caesar and Marcus Licinius Crassus.
- He is the seventh cameo to be shown dancing at the end with the rappers during the "Who won? Who's next? You decide!" sequence.
- He and Pikachu are the only cameos to appear on the official Season 5 poster.