Ian Hecox (left) and Anthony Padilla (right)
|Full name||Daniel Anthony Padilla|
Ian Andrew Hecox
September 16, 1987 (age 32)
November 30, 1987 (age 32)
Shut Up! Cartoons
|Hair||Dark brown (Anthony)|
|Appeared in||Artists vs TMNT|
|As||Raphael da Sanzio Urbino (Anthony)|
Michelangelo Buonarroti (Ian)
Information on the actors
Daniel Anthony Padilla and Ian Andrew Hecox, more commonly known together as Smosh, are a YouTube comedy duo. They are currently the fourth-most subscribed channel on YouTube with over 9 billion views and 25 million subscribers.
Smosh was originally founded by Anthony Padilla in 2002, later joined by Ian Hecox, but it was not until 2005 that their YouTube account was created. Early videos on their YouTube channel included lip-syncing famous theme songs, such as Power Rangers, Mortal Kombat, and Pokémon, the latter of which became the most viewed video on YouTube at the time until it was removed for copyright. Smosh is also known for its cast of recurring characters, such as Ian's mother Sharon, That Damn Neighbor, the late Charlie the Drunk Guinea Pig, and a recurring cast consisting of Noah Grossman, Keith Leak, Olivia Sui, Shayne Topp, Courtney Miller, Mari Takahashi, Joshua Ovenshire, David Moss, Matt Sohinki, Wes Johnson, Amra Ricketts, Damien Haas, and Ericka Bozeman.
Smosh currently has several channels, which include Smosh Games, Smosh Pit, Shut Up! Cartoons, and ElSmosh. Furthermore, a feature film starring Anthony, Ian, Jenna Marbles, Grace Helbig, Shane Dawson, and other YouTubers titled Smosh: The Movie, was released in theaters on July 24th, 2015. Smosh also released a short-lived Smosh Magazine in August 2013, as well as a Smosh comic series, starting from May 2016.
As of June 14th, 2017, Anthony announced that he left Smosh to build up his own YouTube channel and create his own content. He later stated in 2018 that the reason for this was their then-current parent company Defy Media's mistreatment of its employees and the Smosh brand.
In November of 2018, Smosh's parent company, Defy Media, announced its closure, and Hecox stated that the Smosh brand would search for a new home. On February 22nd, 2019, it was announced that Rhett & Link's company, Mythical Entertainment, had bought the brand and would continue to create content on the channels.
- Smosh, along with PewDiePie and Jenna Marbles, are the only YouTubers to appear in an ERB that have more subscribers than ERB itself.
- Both PewDiePie and Smosh appeared in season finales.
- Smosh is the only duo to appear in an ERB that has more subscribers than ERB themselves.
- They are the third guest duo to appear in a battle, after Rhett & Link and Key & Peele.
- In an episode of Rhett & Link's podcast, Ear Biscuits, Rhett and Link revealed that they had performed an episode of Epic Rap Battles of History with Smosh.
- This episode turned out to be Artists vs TMNT.
- Goku vs Superman, Artists vs TMNT and Ghostbusters vs Mythbusters were featured in two episodes of "Smosh Pit Weekly", a series uploaded on Smosh 2nd Channel.
- Anthony hinted towards Raphael by showing that they were reading a book on him in one of his and his girlfriend's videos on their separate channel, WatchUsLiveAndStuff, now named Kalel Kitten.
- Nice Peter once mentioned that he'd like to have Anthony play Ash Ketchum, but only if Ian played Pikachu.
- Peter wanted them to portray Bill & Ted against Lewis & Clark; however, Smosh disliked the idea as they knew little about the characters.
- Main gallery: Smosh/Gallery
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddOGCYRK_ok
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJn-wvKmD5k
- ↑ Ear Biscuits - YouTube
- ↑ Ep. 32 Smosh - Ear Biscuits by Ear Biscuits | Free Listening on SoundCloud
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=192ZCXaEmFc?t=236
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5YiT57qk_I?t=24
- ↑ Sexy Radio Cat Voice - YouTube